Thursday 24 November 2016

Think positive!

Some years ago when I was fairly slender I had to have a medical for work. Blood pressure, blood sugar levels, cholesterol, BMI were all well within the desirable range but the doctor (who was a bit on the tubby side herself) said as we finished up "You could probably do with losing a few pounds".

I don't remember exactly what I felt but I do know I went straight out and bought a bar of chocolate and ate the lot.

Nowadays I really do need to slim down and in January I joined the 1000 miles challenge. The aim of this is to walk around 3 miles a day which will add up to 1000 miles by the end of the year. A couple of months ago I had a bad cold and stopped walking for quite a while. I was talking to a friend and mentioned that I'd stopped and, in any case, I hadn't lost any weight so it didn't really matter. "Oh, but you've definitely changed shape - you look much trimmer" she said. Now I don't know whether she was just being nice but I do know that I'm walking every morning again and I think of that comment as I put my boots on.

The positive thought has definitely had a better result than the negative one.

p.s. I've done 870 miles this year to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment