Monday 29 August 2016

Meeting my goal(s)

Actually, that's a big fat lie as I'm nowhere near my goals BUT.... after some hard work over that past week I'm a whisker away from my walking target.  In order to reach 1000 miles by the end of the year I need to do about 3 miles a day. I've been a bit lazy lately as it's been so hot but a few days of early morning walks mean I'm just about back on target - 660 miles to date.

The other goal is to lose weight. That one's much harder. I love my food and for a long while now I've eaten my way out of any problem that comes along. Suddenly, however, I seem to have got my head in the right place. I'm not doing any fad diet. In fact I'm not dieting at all, just eating 3 reasonable meals a day with no snacking. Combined with the extra exercise it means I've lost 5 pounds over a couple of weeks. The tough part will come when I go on holiday in a couple of weeks.

Watch this space...

Finally, since a post is boring without pictures I'll show you some of my usual walking route, only minutes from my doorstep even though I live in one of the most densely populated areas of Kent. Aren't I lucky?


1 comment:

  1. Well done on the weight loss. It's not rocket science really is it, eat less and exercise more, I just wish it was as simple as it sounds. My biggest problem is snacking between meals but I know I could definitely do more exercise if I put my mind to it. I bought myself a fitbit and that's encouraged me to walk a little further but I really should do more.

    ReplyDelete