Saturday 17 December 2016

An ordinary day

The past couple of weeks have been packed with meals out and other Christmas celebrations with various groups I belong to and small groups of friends. I've enjoyed each and every one of them but today marks the start of a quiet period and I celebrated with an early morning walk.

I live in a beautiful area. Yes, it's part of a large, densely populated area but my little corner has open views, woods and lovely neighbours.

Today I said good morning to the chap who gets his exercise by riding his bike round the streets for about an hour each morning (we seem to have a set pattern -first time he passes we say "Good morning", second time it's a smile, third and subsequent times we ignore each other) and then to the many dog walkers I also meet.  A squirrel with a large nut in his mouth didn't appear to notice me until I was about 5 feet away. The sun was making the whole world sparkle and the spindleberries and hips added a touch of colour.

On the way back a friend called out and asked me to post a letter for her. We had a chat about nothing in particular and then it was home for a welcome cup of tea. I shall spend the rest of my day sewing.

Yes, it's a very ordinary life but I love it.
Image result for darland banks gillingham

No comments:

Post a Comment