Friday 29 January 2016

I'm still a girl!!!

I'm a little on the large side.  I'm 5'10" tall and have size 8 feet.  That's not really unusual these days although most women of my age are smaller. I admit I mostly wear jeans or trousers but I still want to look moderately feminine. So why do I always buy men's socks? Because they don't make socks in girly colours in my size, that's why. Yes, I know the pack says "one size fits all 4-8" but they don't!!!

Yes, there is the odd occasion when I find socks that are a little larger but they are always so short they barely cover my ankle bones. When you have spent a lifetime trying to find trousers long enough you get a little paranoid about that gap between trouser bottoms and shoes. Besides, I feel the cold. So it's back to men's socks. Good old size 6-8 1/2.

Surely I'm not the only woman in the world who wants girly coloured socks, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment