Monday 14 January 2013

Pull yourself together

What is the point of starting a blog if I don't write anything?  In fact, what is the point of writing a blog at all?

I think I started this to prove that you can live a positive, normal life whilst coping with cancer.  My brother was diagnosed with bowel cancer last year (shortly after my husband died) and is now seriously depressed.  I ring him daily and have always tried to get him to 'think of something else', 'go out and do something', 'cheer up'.  Well, now that I'm also having chemo I've realised that it isn't that simple.  How can you think of something else when your mouth is raw, you have a nasty taste in your mouth permanently and you feel sick?  The thought of willingly going through another five sessions which will make me feel progressively worse is daunting.  That said, I'm very lucky to have friends and a wonderful daughter who are my support network.  I also have a very demanding cat who doesn't believe in giving the staff sick leave.  So.... I'm officially saying that I will finish sewing the quilt top I started within the next three days.  That's quite a tall order as I'm a slow sewer and have two hospital appointments in that time so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment